Why does Screwball Universe City Exist?
Because Screwballs are good. Screwballs are people who are “different”. Screwballs are people who have (and will) shape the world.
During the industrial era, we were told to memorize, to follow instructions and to be quiet. We ended up taking the test—making the grade—maybe making some money—retiring—and then dying.
But things are different now.
We’re in a new era.
The industrial era has exited stage left and the connected era has entered front and center.
The new challenge:
- To think differently—way differently
- To do more than adapt to change—but to make change
- To be courageous like never before—and to use fear to our advantage
There’s more than technology that’s changing our world (though technology is a linchpin). We call the current phenomena of hyper-change compressional acceleration—where every domain of life is changing at the same time at a pace never seen before.
This phenomena effects everyone, personally and professionally. Business has changed. How we work has changed. How and where we live has changed. How we interact with each other has changed.
So, we submit that it’s high time for all of us to embrace the “screwball factor” that’s deep within us. To be who we are. To resist the status quo. To take the time to think. To make bold moves. To be unafraid.
Some may not recognize the dramatic jolt we’re experiencing in this blip of history. It’s like missing the tide for the waves. But it’s happening.
So what is one to do? How does one not only adapt but thrive in this new era?
It starts with awareness.
Within Screwball lives a thing called Adaptism and another called SmartSimpleMobile. They are systems that help people develop awareness, consciousness and clarity (and thus make better choices) in seven “relationship domains” of life:
- Relationship with Things: Owning things versus things owning you
- Relationship with Technology: Leveraging social (and other technologies) to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in the modern world
- Relationship with Time: Navigate and neutralize time-soaking distractions that steal attention. Look at your past, present and future in a healthy way
- Relationship with Money: Managing emotions and actions around money—as well leveraging new “modes” of money management (crowd-funding being one example)
- Relationship with Place: How to leverage our new connectivity and mobility. Not being too tied to any one physical place (unless you want to be). Making conscious choices. Maintaining flexibility. Being mobile.
- Relationship with People: How to connect, relate, influence and build trust both in-person and online
- Relationship with one Self: Being honest with regard to our wishes, wants and worries
Friends & Partners
(photo by nicobec)
We don't have a physical university campus (just yet!). But we do have a foundation. We call it "camp-us". See, early in the formation of SBUC, a certain "camp" of people supported SBUC via either the crowd-funding campaign—in other ways—or both.
The Bound Team