Stay Tuned for a new date and format for the Summit. Info coming soon!
What comes after the Industrial Era? More importantly, what does that mean for you? Your children? The future? The changes are becoming evident—with many more down the road.
This is not to say that business or industry are dead; but the era of “size matters” and top-down control is exiting stage left. Not everyone will embrace this change. Some will try to deny it and hold on to the past…But everyone will feel it. So what does it mean? How do we live?
Screwball Summit 1.0 is about helping you navigate the changes ahead.
- Explore. The exciting future of a hyper-connected world.
- Learn. Techniques you can apply to your life and business—not so much to help “balance” your life, but rather, to help integrate it.
- Get inspired & energized. The Summit will not just be a line-up of speakers. There will be some people sharing inspiration and ideas, but you’ll also be on your feet interacting, testing your mental capacity in work-groups, and using many of your senses to make sense of things. The Summit helps you shift out of the rote rut routine—and into the possible.
- Have a ball. Screwball Summit 1.0 is strategically social. Fun is not a dirty word.
- Reflect: Why are thing the way they are? How can you make the changes you want? We all get just one shot (on planet Earth). Screwball Summit 1.0 helps you gain a little clarity about why you’re here.
- Connections: Make. Screwball Summit 1.0 is a platform to make the kind of connections you wish you could… but might have a hard time making or maintaining otherwise. The Summit will introduce you to some of the most interesting people you’d want to meet, and Screwball-U will help you stay connected with them after you arrive back home.
- (Your) Idea: Refined. You’ll work on your favorite idea, problem or opportunity with other attendees. Break molds. Break-out. Get a little screwy.
- Insight: Inspired by stories and stats
- Confusion: In a way, confusion will be increased. You’ll return to work on Monday with a different mindset. You’ll have some answers, but you’ll also have new questions
- Connection: With self and others
- Energy: Ignited
Featured speakers will be part “speaker”, part facilitator, part informer, part performer. They’ll be from varying walks of life, but on the whole, they’ll possess that “energy thing” that we all crave.
- Story tellers
- Problem solving
- Idea creation, expansion and implementation
- Attention and awareness capabilities
- Decision-making strategies
- Tech: It’s usage and it’s impact on our brains (and lives)
- Communication: Question-asking strategies and more
Cleveland (venues TBD)
- Information + interaction
- Break-through break-outs
- Bracket-time to meet people—More than bio-breaks
- Taste-bud pleasers
- Personal screwball factor assessment
- Post-event online community
- Evening of Day 1
- Speaker, sponsor & partner cocktail mixer
- Arrival & check-in
- Day 2
- 9:00 AM Break-fast
- 9:30 Opening Remarks
- 10:00—12:00 Speakers & Panels
- 12:00 Lunch & Keynote
- 1:00 Workgroups & break-outs, Track 1
- 2:30 Workgroups & break-outs, Track 2
- 4:00 Break-through review and Wrap
- 6:00 Evening festivities
- Day 3
- 9:00 Screwball-factor Self-assessment Session
- 10:00 Closing Keynote
- 10:45 Summit Summary and Screwball Satisfaction Survey
- 11:15 It’s a Wrap
- Optional—Afternoon excursion. Kick-off the weekend
Location and certain details may change as we will be asking (you) for nominations and input–on many fronts. We think the process of collaborating to co-create this thing is just as important as the Summit itself.
Who Should Attend:
- Are you juggling decisions on how to spend your time and money?
- Are you looking to have technology tools serve you versus you feeling like you’re answering to technology?
- Are you struggling to manage all the stuff (physical things) in your life and wish that you were more flexible, untethered and mobile?
- Are you interested in getting your idea “un-stuck”
If you answer “yes” to some of these questions, the Summit is for you. After attending, you will have:
- Practical tips on how to leverage social and technology tools more wisely
- A network of new contacts with whom you can remain in touch and leverage their help
- A new perspective on your past, present and future
Call for Speakers:
Stay tuned for a more-formal call for speakers as well. In the interim, if you think you have something to say (or ask) and you’d like to be a featured speaker or facilitator at the Summit–well then, tell us!
Friends & Partners
(photo by nicobec)
We don't have a physical university campus (just yet!). But we do have a foundation. We call it "camp-us". See, early in the formation of SBUC, a certain "camp" of people supported SBUC via either the crowd-funding campaign—in other ways—or both.
The Bound Team